The fight between Chris Eubank Jr. and Conor Benn is still scheduled—at least for the time being.
The 12-round fight scheduled for Saturday was called into question when it was revealed on Wednesday that The Destroyer had failed a VADA test after it was discovered he had tested positive for a prohibited drug in August.
The fight is still scheduled to take place, despite the British Boxing Board of Control’s ban on it.
Benn and Eubank Jr. are scheduled to square off in Thursday’s press conference after participating in open workouts on Wednesday afternoon and expressing their desire for the bout to take place.
But this has sparked controversy, with Adam Catterall of talkSPORT likening the situation to the Wild West.
The fight’s status is scheduled to be decided on Thursday night, according to Eubank’s promoter Kalle Sauerland.
In our live blog below, we’ll keep you informed of all the most recent news, opinions, and announcements from both sides.
Benn versus. Eubank Jr. headlines:
- Boxing is a shambles, blasts Adam Catterall with Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn still on and fighters set for press conference despite failed drugs test
- Derek Chisora takes aim at Eddie Hearn over Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn situation with since-deleted Instagram posts showing promoter s old comments
- Frank Warren praises BBBoC s integrity as they prohibit Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn fight following failed drug test
- Simon Jordan says Eubank Jr vs Benn would bring boxing into disrepute if it goes ahead
- Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn prohibited by British Boxing Board of Control after Benn failed voluntary doping test despite fighters agreeing to go ahead