Conor Benn vs. Chris Eubank Jr. is now OFF.
Benn tested positive for an illegal substance in August, and on Wednesday, it was revealed that he had failed a VADA test.
The British Boxing Board of Control forbade the fight from happening, but the promoters insisted they would keep trying to make it happen.
However, following lengthy negotiations on Thursday, it was decided to cancel the all-British grudge bout, which would have matched Chris Eubank Sr. and Nigel Benn against each other.
In our live blog below, we’ll keep you informed of all the most recent news, opinions, and announcements from both sides.
Benn versus. Eubank Jr. headlines:
- Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn OFF and won t take place on Saturday night following Benn s positive drugs test as bout is postponed
- Boxing is a shambles, blasts Adam Catterall with Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn still on and fighters set for press conference despite failed drugs test
- Derek Chisora takes aim at Eddie Hearn over Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn situation with since-deleted Instagram posts showing promoter s old comments
- Frank Warren praises BBBoC s integrity as they prohibit Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn fight following failed drug test
- Simon Jordan says Eubank Jr vs Benn would bring boxing into disrepute if it goes ahead
- Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn prohibited by British Boxing Board of Control after Benn failed voluntary doping test despite fighters agreeing to go ahead