Next week will see the rematch of Savannah Marshall vs. Claressa Shields, which was originally postponed due to Queen Elizabeth II’s demise.
Early in September, the two fierce rivals were finally going to have the opportunity to settle the score and compete to become the indisputable middleweight world champion.
However, the match has now been postponed to the following Saturday, and both celebrities are eager to return and finally face off in front of the cameras.
The undercard, which also features Mikaela Mayer vs. Alycia Baumgardner, Caroline Dubois, and Lauren Price, will be a historical night for women’s boxing.
Marshall v Shields: Date and start time
This highly anticipated bout will now take place on Saturday, October 15 at London’s O2 Arena.
The night’s action will start at 5 o’clock, with the main event scheduled for 10:30 o’clock. Following the news of the Queen’s passing, the scheduled event for September 10 was abruptly canceled.
- MAIN EVENT: Savannah Marshall v Claressa Shields – for WBO, WBA, WBC, IBF, WBF, and The Ring middleweight titles
- Mikaela Mayer vs Alycia Baumgardner – for WBC, WBO, IBO, IBF, and The Ring super featherweight titles
- Caroline Dubois vs Milena Koleva
- Ebonie Jones vs Vanesa Caballero
- Shannon Ryan vs Buchra El Quaissi
- Georgia O’Connor vs Joyce Van Ee
- Ginny Fuchs vs Gemma Ruegg
- Karriss Artingstall vs Marina Sakharov
- Lauren Price vs Timea Belik
- Sarah Liegmann vs Bec Connolly
- April Hunter vs Erica Juana Gabriela Alvarez
Marshall v Shields: What has been said?
I’ve stated I’m going to hurt you, and I will, Marshall. You are nothing more than a bully, that much is certain.
Of course, I admire Claressa, but she doesn’t like the fact that I have an opinion. I informed her that I thought her most recent fight was demonic after watching it. She was opposed to that.
Shields: “I’m going to put all the skeptics to rest regarding my ability to knock people out, my skills, and everything I’ve accomplished.
Being the underdog is nothing new, though. I’ve successfully completed this several times before. Even if you have a big mouth, Claressa always backs it up. What I want you to say is that. “I don’t understand why you believe you are so huge and powerful. Please keep my belt warm.