Lauren Hemp

Burnley midfielder Dale Stephens claims he just learned of his ejection from the club after seeing a tweet.

In the summer of 2020, the former Brighton and Hove Albion player will join Burnley. Despite this, Stephens’ stint at Burnley was somewhat quiet, with the midfielder making just 10 Premier League games and 15 total in his two seasons with the club.

On the final day of the season, the Clarets were relegated to the Championship for the first time since 2016 after a defeat at home to Newcastle and a Leeds win at Brentford. Stephens says he wasn’t surprised by the club’s decision not to renew his contract. As it turned out, he had only played in one league game last season and was frequently utilized as a substitute.

The manner in which the 33-year-old discovered the club’s decision was more important, as he said he learned about it via social media. Stephens, speaking to talkSPORT, said: “On Twitter, of all places, I learned that my contract had expired. It’s pretty odd.

Dale Stephens

“I was aware of this even before my contract expired. When they (Burnley) disclosed it to the press, I saw on my Twitter account that I and a few other lads had been freed at the same time.

“As a result, there was nothing in the way of contract negotiations. It was a clean break, which isn’t always a bad strategy. At the very least, you know where you stand in the long run.”

Dale Stephens

Stephens has been exercising with Albion, his previous club, for the past week to help him stay in shape while he looks for a new team. Vincent Kompany’s former club, Burnley, is beginning a new chapter under the guidance of the Belgian.

The appointment of the Belgian as Sean Dyche’s long-term successor was finalized last month. Because of the departures of Nick Pope, James Tarkowski, and Ben Mee, he faces a significant rebuilding task. Four people have joined the team as a result of his efforts: Scott Twine, Luke McNally, C.J. Egan-Riley, and Taylor Harwood-Bellis. As a result of their additions, the team now features a quartet of players who are all under the age of 22.

In his own words, the Belgian man said: “They’ve been open and honest with me, and I’ve had enough time to make my decision. My decision is one that I can live with since I believe it was made after careful consideration of all the available information and options.

There aren’t many opportunities like this one. The team is now through a reorganizational exercise. There aren’t any politics here. What they tell you is what they mean, and you just go with it when things are this straightforward.”

Related Articles: 

Everton Legend Duncan Ferguson Quits Coaching at Goodison Park, Following Blackburn’s Snub!

Jairo Uras vs. Kyle Freeland Is Game 80 of The Colorado Rockies Thread!

Jake Odorizzi Returned to The Mound on Monday After Being Activated from The 15-Day Injured List!

Check Here For The Latest Sports Updates: https://www.sportzmode.com/

You May Also Like

Former Rams Linebacker Morgan Fox Has Been Signed by The Los Angeles Chargers

American football defensive end Morgan Duane Fox (born September 12, 1994) is…

Warriors Is Set to Sign a $1 Billion Contract Putting Him Squarely in LeBron James League!

That’s right, a billion dollars. That’s the unbelievable sum that Stephen Curry,…

Juan Soto’s Rejected $440 Million Contract Has Washington Nationals Open to Trade Proposals!

After Juan Soto rejected a long-term contract offer from the Washington Nationals,…

Payton Pritchard Has Signed an Endorsement Agreement with Nike as A Celtics Rookie

Payton As a member of the National Basketball Association’s Boston Celtics, Michael…