To sum up the essence of the phrase “carpe diem,” Snapchat is the messaging app to use. It is well-known that the program is only meant to be used temporarily. After a receiver views a message, photo, or video, it will vanish permanently within a few seconds. Snapchat has made it just as easy to delete your entire account and have it disappear forever as it is for your messages to vanish instantly.
Ready to delete your Snapchat account? It’s time to face Facebook, it isn’t quite the social media powerhouse it once was, and you might want to let it go. Whatever your reason for leaving may be, we are here to support you through the process.
How to delete your Snapchat account
- Go to accounts.snapchat.com
- Log into your account.
- Scroll down until you see Delete My Account on the Manage My Account page.
- Click Delete My Account.
- Enter your username and password to confirm.
- Click Continue to start the process.
- Don’t log into the app again.
- Your Snapchat account will be deleted permanently in 30 days.
How to delete your account on iOS
While you can’t delete your Snapchat account using the Android app, iOS users get the ability to do so. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top-left corner.
- Hit the gear icon.
- Scroll down to Account Actions.
- Select Delete Account.
- You will be redirected to the Accounts Portal. Follow instructions to finish the process.
Can You Restart Your Snapchat Account After 30 Days?
You won’t be able to log into your account 30 days after starting the deletion process. However, you can register a new Snapchat account after your previous one has expired.